Current Job Openings at The Farm
Arizona’s Original Farm-To-Table Experience is Hiring!
• #1 Most Romantic in Arizona
• #1 Farm-to-Table Restaurant
• AAA 4 Diamond
• Wine Spectator Magazine Award of Excellence
Quiessence at The Farm in Phoenix, Ariz. seeks an experienced Front of House Manager to join our award-winning team!
Are you passionate about seasonal food, local and international wines, and exceptional customer service? We’re looking for a distinct professional to manage our front of house staff and operations at Arizona’s “Hidden Gem”, Quiessence. At Quiessence, our philosophy is local, seasonal, and delicious. Our truly farm-to-table incorporates fresh produce, herbs, edible flowers, and eggs from our on-site Soil & Seed Garden into our hyper seasonal menus.
–Primary Objectives / Responsibility:–
Assists the general manager in the day-to-day operations of Quiessence restaurant. Is directly accountable for the supervision and management of the bar operations, host, servers, bussers, front of the house staff. Maintains the highest quality of beverage and service standards, cleanliness, sanitation and safety. In the absence of the general manager, oversees and coordinates the activities concerning all front-of-the-house operations. Success is real growth in sales, profit and market share. The manager should possess the following qualities:
• A cultural match (passionate, caring, people-focused, top-line driven while at the same time demonstrates fiscal responsibility)
• Leadership presence and involvement in shift management
• Models hospitality and delivers service excellence
• Professional image and demeanor
• Holds peers and staff accountable to expected results
–What You’ll be Doing:–
• Responsible for the overall operations for the front of house of the restaurant
• Manage shifts which include daily decision making, scheduling and planning
• Create memorable dining experiences by exceeding guest expectations
• Work with HR in filling in staffing gaps, interview, and train
• Communicate with the Chef to ensure customers satisfaction
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures
• Complying with health and legal regulations
• Other duties assigned
–Preferred Qualifications and Skill Requirements:–
• 2+ years management in fine dining
• Proven developer of people
• Demonstrate a working understanding of business operations and financial results
• Ability to work on feet for at least 8 hours
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent ability to multi-task, delegate and manage in a fine dining environment
The mission of Quiessence at The Farm is to create a rewarding local and seasonal dining experience by exceeding our client’s expectations to ensure customer loyalty with innovative cuisine, extraordinary service, and creative presentation.
Our team is passionate about growth, innovation and collaboration. If you are hungry to succeed and thrive under pressure, you are a great fit for our team!
Please no in-person resume drop off. To be considered for an interview, please send your resume to email@example.com. Must have prior fine dining experience to apply.
–About Quiessence at The Farm–
Quiessence is the fine dining dinner restaurant located at The Farm at South Mountain. Our menu changes daily based on local and seasonal availability. We have a garden onsite called “Soil & Seed Garden” that we utilize for most of our fresh vegetables. The remainder of our produce and menu items are sourced locally. We serve dinner 5 nights a week (Tuesday through Saturday). We offer a seasonal tasting menu every night as well as an a la carte menu (Tuesday through Thursday).
*** Farm Kitchen is currently on Summer Break and re-opens on September 21st. Please apply in August for this position.***
The Farm Kitchen is a busy, casual, lunch restaurant located at The Farm at South Mountain. (32nd St. & Southern)
We are looking for counter help and kitchen prep help – both full and part time.
Must be friendly, up beat, reliable and able to work in a fast paced environment.
Must be able to work weekends!
How to Apply
Please send your resume and relevant work/life experience using the form at bottom of page to be considered for this position. Please no phone calls or in person resume drop offs.
The Farm at South Mountain in Phoenix is seeking Prep Cooks, Line Cooks, and Dishwashers for two of its award-winning farm-to-table restaurants. Work for Arizona’s favorite brunch and lunch restaurants in the beauty of The Farm!
KITCHEN JOB POSITIONS:
- Job includes kitchen prep and cooking at restaurants.
- Must be able to replicate recipes and food presentation from head chef
- Must have knowledge of dietary restrictions such as gluten free, vegan etc.
- Setting up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Preparing food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Wash & store all dishes, china, equipment and flatware
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work area
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have flexible hours
- Must be dependable
- Must be able to work independently and perform duties quickly and efficiently
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to stand for long period of time, lift at least 25 lbs., and bend, climb or work in confined spaces
To apply for any kitchen position, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
Seeking experienced breakfast/fast-paced wait staff!
We are looking for Restaurant Servers to take orders and deliver them to our guests while maintaining and enhancing the quality of our customer service. This job position will work in close collaboration with colleagues and follow established health and safety standards. The goal is to accelerate our business development by providing customers with a memorable experience here at The Farm in Phoenix.
- Prepare restaurant tables with special attention to sanitation and order
- Attend to customers upon entrance
- Present restaurant menus and help customers select food/beverages
- Take/serve orders and answer questions or make recommendations for other products
- Deal with complaints or problems with a positive attitude
- Issue bills and accept payment
- Proven restaurant serving experience
- Customer-oriented approach and patience
- Problem-solving and decision making skills
- Hands on experience in cashier duties
- Excellent people skills
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Attention to cleanliness and safety
- Food safety training
To apply for a server position, please use the form at the bottom of this page.
Host is responsible for providing the highest quality customer service and satisfaction with a positive and hard-working attitude. This job is located at The Farm at South Mountain restaurants.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Greet and seat guests in a timely manner
- Be the first positive and happy impression of the entire property
- Be aware of all appropriate seating accommodations
- Know the restaurant menu and ingredients
- Stay apprised of all property promotions, discounts and special events
- Attendance is an essential function of the job. Come to work promptly; present yourself in a professional manner in dress, hygiene, appearance and actions.
- Adhere to the restaurant dress code that pertains to your position.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the restaurant at all times.
- Foster a team-minded environment between the restaurant and other businesses.
- Offer help whenever possible and consistently demonstrate a team player mentality.
- Communicate to management product shortages and/or needs.
- Be able to answer questions regarding the menu and prices.
- Create server sections to ensure equal distribution of tables.
- Be aware of reservations of large parties and their details.
- Check out with a Manager before the end of your shift.
- Continually demonstrate of sense of urgency while working.
- Must be able to lift, pull, carry and push up to 40 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Other physical activity includes but not limited to, standing for long periods of time, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching.
- All other duties and special projects as requested by Supervisor.
To apply for a host/hostess position, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
Busy breakfast restaurant located in South Phoenix (close to Downtown Phoenix) is seeking a full-time Breakfast Cook and Kitchen Manager.
Primary Functions of the Position:
Provide leadership and direction on a consistent basis to other kitchen staff. Maintain excellence and profitability.
Secondary Functions of the Position:
Special projects assigned by Supervisors.
1. Maintain all Safety and Security standards and practices throughout The Farm. Immediately report to the General Manager any unsafe conditions, current or potential.
2. Adhere to a designated schedule.
3. Develop a culture of excellence in the Back of the house.
4. Interview, Hire, Train and Develop New Chefs, Cooks and Dish Crew
5. Train and Develop Current Kitchen Employees, perform job evaluations
6. Checks on the quality of food prepared in the kitchen and constantly checks for taste, temperature and visual appeal.
7. Ensures all dishes are uniform and the established portion sizes are adhered to.
8. Troubleshoot any food and kitchen related situations that arise.
9. Schedule hours for all full and part time employees in the kitchen with Managers approval.
10. Experience expediting busy line.
11. Train staff on existing and new Maricopa County Health Department regulations.
12. Develop specials
13. Ensures all in house daily procedures are followed.
14. Understands and adheres to all company rules and ensures these regulations are followed by staff members.
15. Establish and maintain effective employee relations as all times.
16. Ensure pricing from vendors by initiating daily/weekly price checks.
17. Order food related products
18. Ensure Customer Satisfaction.
19. Ability to lift and carry at least 50 pounds
20. Perform other related tasks as assigned by Manager
21. Other job duties as assigned
How to Apply
Please send your resume and relevant work/life experience using the form at the bottom of this page. Please no phone calls or in person resume drop offs.
**Please note: this is NOT an event planning position!
The Farm at South Mountain is looking to hire an events equipment set-up team member to help execute the many private and public events that The Farm hosts each season. The Farm at South Mountain is a 10-acre weddings and event venue with three farm-to-table restaurants, a modern market with local purveyors and an organic-style garden. The Farm is a fast-paced and vibrant property and we are looking for a candidate that has the same qualities. The Events Setup team will report directly to the Director of Events. This job will require the employee to be on-site at The Farm on weekend. Pay to be determined by experience.
• Organization and upkeep of all events materials and equipment
• Creating and maintaining an up-to-date inventory of all equipment
• Setting up and breaking down all equipment for each event
• Maintaining the cleanliness of public areas around property
• Attend a weekly events meeting to review event setups and layouts for each week
• Communicate with the events team about needs or breakages of equipment
• Maintaining the cleanliness and organization of each wedding venue and back of house areas
• Ability to lift and move heavy items
• Experience in events preferred
• Understanding of layouts, set-up requirements, and spatial reasoning
• Ability to prioritize tasks on order of importance and urgency
• Experience driving company vans and box trucks (a bonus)
• Excellent communication skills for when working with team and clients
• Well-organized, able to work with tight deadlines
• Timeliness is essential, keeping on track with tasks and arriving on time daily
To apply, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
The Farm is looking for a PR and Social Media intern to grow their knowledge of public relations, social media and marketing initiatives in the dining, events and tourism industries. The Farm is a fast-paced and vibrant property and we are looking for a candidate that has the same qualities. The PR and Social Media intern will report directly to the Director of Marketing. This job will require the employee to be on-site at The Farm for 15-20 hours per a week. Pay to be determined by experience.
Applicants must email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Line: PR and Social Media Intern Resume. No phone calls, in-person drop offs or paper resumes please.
• Research and update calendars (editorial, press conferences, events etc.) and media lists
• Create social media content calendars and assist in scheduling and interacting
• Participate and take notes in brainstorming and planning meetings
• Assist in organizing and execution of events
• Draft and distribute content such as newsletters and releases
• Assist in tracking media coverage for PR metrics
• Undertake general administrative and clerical duties
• Strong desire to learn the PR and Social Media industry
• Understanding of PR, Social Media and Marketing concepts and practices
• Resource for industry trends
• Computer savvy; working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and Outlook. Knowledge of design software (e.g. Photoshop) is a plus
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Well-organized, able to work with tight deadlines
• Confident, friendly and well-spoken
• Knowledge of video production and editing (a bonus)
• Current enrollment in Walter Cronkite School of Journalism is strongly preferred